What happens when DLC goes too far?
||What happens when DLC practices go too far? An indie developer makes a game that mocks the industry and its foibles, that’s what! Defeat the bad guy, save the world and get the girl! But first you’ll need to find coins to buy DLC to enable animation, sound and even pausing. Thankfully this is just satire and all the DLC is purchased with in-game coins. But consider it a cautionary tale for the future…
- Two full length campaigns: the original award-winning “DLC Quest”, and the brand new “Live Freemium or Die” (sold separately on Xbox 360)
- Platforming action! Coins to collect, a princess to save, a bad guy (or two) to defeat. You like that stuff, right?
- Over 30 different DLC packs, each providing quiet introspection on the state of the gaming industry
- Over 20 awardments to earn and make you feel reasonably satisfied with yourself
- Online achievements and leaderboards (Steam version)
Windows & Mac
Includes the original award-winning “DLC Quest” plus the brand new full-length campaign “Live Freemium or Die!”
Buy it right here!
Get the free trial or buy “DLC Quest” and “Live Freemium or Die!” for just 80 MS Points each!
||Live Freemium or Die
In The Press:
Winner of Official Xbox Magazine’s Xbox LIVE Indie Game of the Year 2011!
“…DLC Quest is colorfully arted, controls well, stays smart throughout, and doesn’t overstay its welcome.”
Official Xbox Magazine
“Comedy in games is hard, especially when it’s making fun of something as relatively unfunny as DLC. Yet, despite this hurdle, DLC Quest makes it seem effortless.”
– Hollander Cooper, Games Radar
“With the legions of me-too Minecraft clones and boring match-three titles choking Xbox Live Indie Games, it’s easy to overlook the games that are actually worth playing on the service. Here’s one you shouldn’t miss: DLC Quest.”
– Phil Kollar, Games Informer
Member of the press? Get all of the information, screenshots, logos, and more on the press page here.